I have already posted this recipe as part of Chocolate Brownie Cream Cheese Sandwich - check it out here. My fool proof recipe to make brownies; adapted from Master Chef Australia. It never harms to share again this incredible recipe. So all you people out there who are trying to please the ' chocoholics' in your family - kids, spouse, friends or relatives ...this recipe is a must try as I am sure you will get extra 'brownie' points when you serve these delicious, crumbly treats :D
Dark Chocolate Brownie: Recipe
(Source: Adapted from Master Chef Australia)
- 125g melted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 45 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 3 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 165°C. Line a baking tin (the one I used is approx 5" x 4") with baking paper or grease the sides with butter.
- Add butter and sugar to an electric mixer and mix on medium speed, sprinkle in cocoa powder and mix until combined and has a gooey consistency.
- Add eggs one at a time, allowing each one to mix through before adding the next.
- Rain in flour and baking powder with electric mixer on low speed, beating until well combined. Stir through the chopped chocolate until combined.
- Pour the batter into the tin and smooth over the surface with a palette knife / flat spatula. Bake for about 40 minutes until firm at the edges but still a little soft in the middle. Insert a fork at the middle to check if it is cooked. Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Linking this to Priya's exciting event - 60 days to Christmas!