'To love and be loved is everything'...How true!
Love is in the air...Where ever you go you see RED - hearts, roses, balloons, candles, cute teddies, greeting cards. Now it will be a shame if we do not transfer some of that love onto a plate is it not ;) Think Valentine's and chocolates are probably what comes to our mind next. They both go hand in hand. In fact, gifting chocolates for Valentine's is an age old tradition that still continues. Nowadays chocolates come in such adorable shapes and sizes and attractive packages, they are very hard to resist!
Cream cheese and chocolate is a divine combination. And that is what I am going to treat my Valentine with; nice fudged layers of chocolate brownie with a yummy cream cheese layer in between, topped off with the tart raspberry puree. A tasty as well as attractive dessert :) I made the chocolate brownies using my tested recipe (have reduced the quantity to half) from Master Chef Australia site. Once the brownies are done, it is just a matter of forming the sandwich. Dedicating this to my loving family and friends and to all my new blogger friends. Happy Valentine's day! Lets spread some love...
Chocolate Brownie Cream Cheese Sandwich: Recipe
(Source: Recipe for brownies adapted from Master Chef Australia)
For Chocolate Brownies:
- 125g melted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 45 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 3 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
How to make the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 165°C. Line a baking tin (the one I used is approx 5" x 4") with baking paper or grease the sides with butter.
- Add butter and sugar to an electric mixer and mix on medium speed, sprinkle in cocoa powder and mix until combined and has a gooey consistency.
- Add eggs one at a time, allowing each one to mix through before adding the next.
- Rain in flour and baking powder with electric mixer on low speed, beating until well combined. Stir through the chopped chocolate until combined.
- Pour the batter into the tin and smooth over the surface with a palette knife / flat spatula. Bake for about 40 minutes until firm at the edges but still a little soft in the middle. Insert a fork at the middle to check if it is cooked. Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
For Cream Cheese Layer (for 2 sandwiches as shown in the pic)
- 1 scoop of Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Caster sugar
How to make the cream cheese filling:
Add the sugar and whisk the cream cheese till it is nice and creamy. Set aside.
For Raspberry Puree (for 2 sandwiches as shown in the pic)
How to make the raspberry puree:
- Take the raspberries in a strainer and then with the back of a spoon press against them so that the fruit is crushed and the pulp is strained through. Keep repeating this till only the seeds are left in the strainer.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar. Mix and set aside.
Forming the sandwich:
- Take a slice of the brownie - you can either cut it in rectangle / square pieces or using a cookie cutter cut in any other desired shape.
- Add a generous layer of the cream cheese filling and then on top place another slice of the brownie. Press it slightly and leave it to chill in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes so that it is nicely set.
- Place the sandwiches on a serving plate and then drizzle the raspberry puree on top. Then just dig in!
Linking this to:
Be My Valentine challenge and the Valentine Hearts project on Very Good Recipes; Sweet Luv hosted by Zesty Palette; Chocolate Lover hosted by Daily Cuppa; Tea Time Treats by What Kate baked; Chocolate Mela hosted by Cooking 4 all seasons; (Theme: Romance) hosted by Love N Chocolate Fest hosted by MCTR; Valentine's Special by Anzz Cafe; Lets Cook for Valentines (Chocolates/Hearts) by Simply Food; Cakes,Cookies and Desserts by Spice n Sugar Tales; Bon Vivant by Sumee's Culinary Bites; Let's Cook by Tickling Palate; Decorating Challenge by Food Corner; Valentine's day event by Teenz' Yummy Delights.