Guest Post: Divya's Spiced Carrot Cupcakes!



Ever walked into a bakery with your eyes peeled over the large variety of cakes, sweets and desserts; not able to decide on which one to pick? You walk in with something in your mind but the colourful, stunning array of well presented confectionery  leaves you in a daze and you just wish you could invisibly go through the glass display to have a bite of everything... That is what best describes my feeling when I visit Divya's blog - Divya's Culinary Journey. You will always find a drool worthy, well decorated cake or cup cake on her blog and I just keep staring at the stunning clicks with envy, wishing that I could bake like her! So I simply couldn't resist but invite her for a guest post :) 

Here she is sharing yet another creative recipe for Spiced Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting...yumm! And now over to Divya...

Spiced Carrot Cupcakes: Recipe
(Guest post by Divya Prakash from Divya's Culinary Journey)
 
"When Rosh asked me to a guest post in her space, I accepted immediately. I have known her ever since I started blogging. It was like there was a bonding with her ever since though we haven't known each other personally. I got my first ever award from her space for the event GIMME GREEN, as most popular dish for the non veg category for my Cilantro Chicken. It was a very motivating thing in those initial days of my blogging, it meant a lot to me. Thanks a lot Rosh for that and also for inviting me to your space for the guest post.
 
Today am here with a cupcake recipe. Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting."


 For cupcakes:

The ingredients needed:
  • Grated carrots, 1 1/4 cup
  • All purpose flour, 1 cup
  • Baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon
  • Baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon
  • Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
  • Ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
  • Ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon
  • Ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon
  • Eggs, 2 numbers
  • Light Brown sugar, 1/2 cup
  • Honey, 1/4 cup
  • Vegetable oil, 1/4 cup
  • Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine all purpose flour, salt,baking powder, baking soda,ground spices (cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger) together.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, add sugar, honey mix well and also add vegetable oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
  4. To this mixture add the flour mixture little by little and mix well till they are fully incorporated.
  5. Finally fold in the grated carrots/
  6. Line the cupcake pan with liners and fill the batter upto 3/4 for each cup and bake for 15-20 minutes till it is done.
  7. For this measurement it yielded 10 cupcakes.
  8. Let it cool and enjoy simply or you can apply the frosting and enjoy!
For the frosting:

The ingredients needed:
  • Cream cheese(Room temperature), 1/2 cup
  • Unsalted butter(room temperature), 1/4 cup
  • Confectioner's Sugar, 2 cup
  • Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Directions:
  1. With a electric beater, mix cream cheese and butter together.
  2. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
  3. Then add the confectioners sugar little by little and mix till they are all combined.
Assembly:

I wanted a casual look to the cupcake, so used a spatula to apply the frosting to the cupcakes. I have used grated carrots and walnuts for decoration. 






17 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me do a guest post dear.. It was really a pleasure.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her blog too. Simply awesome looking cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post by Divya! Cake sounds so delicious n come out pretty good! Kudos to both of u !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cup cakes looks so cute and delicious..happy guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cupcakes and lovely guest post :) good work Rosh and Divya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful clicks and lovely guest post Divya :) Thanks for sharing such a lovely post..Cheers to both of you!!
    Prawn Biryani / Eral Biryani - Using Pressure Cooker

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks awesome and baked well

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cakes are looking so good Rosh, love carrot cake..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute & delicious cupcakes,Divya ..lovely guest post,Divya & Rosh!!
    Join EP event-Garlic OR Turmeric @ Spice n Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi rosh, how are you.. i like your cupcakes cos they are spicy..yum yum must give it a try. thanks for sharing these pretty sweet looking muffins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post Divya...looks wonderful...Great effort Rosh..

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cream cheese on top is making go crazy with the carrot flavor...

    ReplyDelete
  13. photos looks gorgeous & the cake so tempting.. good job divya & rosh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great, spicey and tasty cupcakes. I've featured this recipe on my blog, hoping that you don't mind, but if you do, please contact me and I'll remove it. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since I love to eat, I like learning the recpeis for the different falovous of cupcakes, and I like to give them a try. why should we depend on the professional cupcake toppers if we can perform well at home?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Your comments and feedback are highly appreciated. Happy Cooking!