This is a quick curry using frozen vegetables - the result of my culinary trial on a lazy evening. Pondering what to cook for dinner, I just put together stuff and ended up with this recipe which turned out to be pretty decent when served with hot rotis. Nothing extravagant but something you would want to try when you are just too lazy to cook anything :D
Without further ado, lets get on with the recipe (I am too lazy to write as well!!)
Vegetable Korma: Recipe
- Frozen veggies - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 small diced
- Green chilli - 1 roughly chopped
- Cashew nuts - 4 or 5
- Fresh grated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Low fat yogurt - 2 tbsp
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste - 3/4 tsp
- Tomato paste - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - a pinch
- Dried fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi) - to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cook the frozen veggies with enough water (slightly over the surface) in the microwave for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind the onion, green chilli, coconut, cashew and yogurt into fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they sizzle add the ginger and garlic paste. Saute well for few seconds.
- Then add the ground paste and fry well for next couple of minutes till the raw taste of onion disappears.
- To this add the tomato paste and the dry spices - coriander, red chilli, garam masala and salt to taste. Saute for few minutes.
- Add the cooked veggies along with the water and let it simmer for couple of minutes. Keep stirring from time to time so that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Mix in the crushed kasoori methi and serve hot with rotis.
Linking this to Chandrani's Spotlight: Curries and Gravies event: