Small cute pancakes that are ready in a jiffy and make up a filling brekkie treat - that is how I would describe these lovely blueberry pancakes in few words. Top it up with a generous drizzle of pure golden honey and the freshly prepared blackberry sauce - ah! delightful!! So what are you waiting for? Lets get started ...
Blueberry Pancakes and Blackberry Sauce: Recipe
- Refined flour - 3/4 cup
- Oat meal - 1/4 cup finely powdered
- Flax seed - 1 tbsp powdered
- Brown sugar - 2 tbsp powdered
- Egg - 1 large lightly beaten
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Low fat milk - 1/2 cup
- Low fat laban (or buttermilk) - 1/4 cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Fresh blueberries - 2 to 3 hands full
- Vegetable oil - as required
- Fresh blackberries - 10 - 15 nos
- Castor sugar - 2 tbsp or more
- First prepare the blackberry sauce: Take the blackberries and sugar in a pan. Add little water just to cover the fruit and boil. Press the fruit with the back of a ladle to release the juices and simmer until the sauce starts to thicken. Set aside.
- For the pancakes: Mix all the dry ingredients - flour,oatmeal, flax seed,baking powder,baking soda, sugar; with a wire whisk to blend everything together. Remove any lumps.
- Add the laban, then egg, followed by the milk - add it gradually and mix well to form a batter with slightly thick consistency.
- Heat a non stick pan and rub a cube of butter / few drops of vegetable oil on the surface to grease it slightly.
- Scoop a ladle of the batter and pour it into the centre of the pan. If the consistency is right the batter should spread slightly to form a small sized pancake.
- When bubbles start appearing on top, flip it and let the other side cook. Both the sides should be golden brown (take care to cook the pancakes on a medium - low flame so that it cooks well and does not burn).
- Serve it hot with blackberry sauce and honey.