Gosh! I just love pasta…So simple to cook and eat! Well I normally make it 'Italiana' but this time I thought of giving it an Indian twist. Wasn't sure how it would turn out but surprisingly it tasted quite good. Even my son loved it (I used to have pasta cravings throughout my pregnancy; now I know why! lol) I have used a readymade curry masala. And that's what flavors the dish. It makes for a quick lunch or dinner and is even good to pack for office or school. The recipe below is mildly spiced so feel free to increase the masala amount to your liking. I prefer using macaroni for this recipe as it goes well with this sauce. I also used canned tomato puree. You can easily puree fresh tomatoes, if you have the time. The recipe will easily satisfy one person.
And here goes…
Curried Pasta: Recipe
- Macaroni - 2 handfuls (that is the best I can describe…sorry!)
- Onion - 1/2 medium finely chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves crushed
- Tomato puree - 1/2 cup or more (depending on how saucy you like it)
- Curry masala - 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to season
- Parmesan cheese - grated as much as you like!
- Parsley - few sprigs finely chopped to garnish (I used dried parsley about 1/2 tsp)
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Boil pasta in enough salt as per instructions on the pack. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté till it becomes golden.
- Then add the onions and fry for few more minutes. Once they are translucent, add the tomato puree, curry masala, salt and pepper. Let it boil till it thickens and it no longer tastes raw.
- Add the cooked pasta. Combine well. Add parmesan and parsley and serve warm.